Mary Gordon Video Training Series - Bullying and Teasing in the Early Years Video 6 (Part 2)
Video 6 - "What is the difference between teasing and bullying behaviour? (Part 2) " (click on the bottom right side of the video to enlarge the video)
1. What are some examples of healthy teasing between children?
2. What are some indicators of unhealthy teasing between children?
The Children are Safe Pillar Committee welcomes educators of young children to explore developmentally appropriate behaviour and bullying prevention in the early years with Mary Gordon. The videos series will explore the following topic areas:
• Defining bullying behaviour
• Defining teasing behaviour
• Exploring the differences between bullying and teasing behaviours
• Building empathy
• Responding to the needs of parents and colleagues
In October 2015, Mary Gordon came to Niagara to help explore the differences between bullying behaviour and developmentally appropriate teasing with over 100 educators. The workshop was shaped using local data collected from educators who shared knowledge to identify and respond to bullying and teasing in the early years. The recording of this workshop was used to build this video series, coupled with reflection questions to facilitate meaningful reflection on practice.
Stayed tuned for the next video, "Strategies to Promote Social Emotional Development" out on Tuesday, November 8th!